Duplicate Emails

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mikecausi

Duplicate Emails

Post by mikecausi » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:46 pm

When anyone on my team checks in a file, we have it configured to send me a notification email. For some reason, a little while ago, duplicate emails would appear for each check-in, regardless of who is checking in the file(s).

In Settings -> Notifications -> Source Code Control, I have added a watch path for $. Under Events, everything is disabled (nothing checked).

Is there anything I can look for that could be the reason?

Thanks,
Mike

Tonya

Re: Duplicate Emails

Post by Tonya » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi Mike,

What version of Vault do you have installed?

How did you setup the email notification for checkins within Vault?

Can you please include a screenshot of your Notifications - Options dialog within Vault?

If you remove the Watched Path for root $\ - do the duplicate emails stop?

Any idea of any changes that were made within Vault that would have started the duplicate emails?

Thanks,

Tonya

mikecausi

Post by mikecausi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 am

Hi Tonya,

When we upgraded to V10 we stopped receiving email notifications completely. Through help from you earlier this year in March (see emails: Re: From Support Thread - "Email Notification Problems After Upgrade to 10" {253663}), you found an update needed to be applied to the encrypted value web.config. Emails started coming through but they seem to be duplicated. I was happy to be receiving emails again but duplicates have become somewhat of a nuisance as it has not seemed to have gone away. I will upload screenshots of settings.

I did some testing with the "watch $". I removed it from everyone's settings except mine. It now seems to be working as expected. I'm only getting one notification. I can't explain why but we've been using the same settings for years and it seemed to work normally. After the V10 upgrade the expected behaviour seemed to change.

Regardless, I'm happy with the results and will share my screenshots with you for reference.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
Attachments
Vault Settings - Email Duplicates.png
Vault Settings - Email Duplicates.png (97.07 KiB) Viewed 7596 times

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 am

Thanks for the screenshots. Can you please send one of your Vault Professional Plugins as well (found in the Vautl Admin client)?

Tonya

mikecausi

Post by mikecausi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:08 am

Attaching plugin settings.
Attachments
Vault Settings - Plugins.png
Vault Settings - Plugins.png (145.72 KiB) Viewed 7595 times

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 am

Mike,

Based on the information you've provided us with, I'm not really sure what was causing the duplicate emails. If the problem comes back, please let me know and we'll troubleshoot this a bit more.

Tonya