Report on Folder Security

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

wtc301

Report on Folder Security

Post by wtc301 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:17 pm

We are using Vault Standard 10.0

I have been pulling report of folder security by running the following query on database sgmaster:

SELECT b.name as [Group Name], b.description as [Group Description], c.authdomain + '\' + c.login as [Domain User], c.name as [Full Name], c.email, c.active as [User is Active]
FROM [sgmaster].[dbo].[groupmembers] a, [sgmaster].[dbo].[groups] b, [sgmaster].[dbo].[users] c
where a.groupid = b.groupid and a.userid = c.userid

This query serves the purpose when we only have one repository and global groups. However, we have created two more repositories, and started defining groups within these repositories. The query is no longer adequate as a result.

How can I generate a folder security report that contains multiple repositories and the non-global groups within those repositories?

Tonya

Re: Report on Folder Security

Post by Tonya » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:56 am

Hello,

The developer that I need to speak to for assistance in regards to your request is not in the office today. I will make this a priority for Monday morning. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Tonya

jclausius

Re: Report on Folder Security

Post by jclausius » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:20 am

Take a look at the the rows in the view "[sgvault].[dbo].[userrepositoryaccessgroup]". This is a view which presents all users and their selected groups. The view has a repid (repository id) column which you can use for filtering / sorting. The "xid" (when not null) will be the "group" from [sgmaster].[dbo].[groups].

Hopefully using that view will allow you to create a query that meets your needs.
wtc301 wrote:We are using Vault Standard 10.0

I have been pulling report of folder security by running the following query on database sgmaster:

SELECT b.name as [Group Name], b.description as [Group Description], c.authdomain + '\' + c.login as [Domain User], c.name as [Full Name], c.email, c.active as [User is Active]
FROM [sgmaster].[dbo].[groupmembers] a, [sgmaster].[dbo].[groups] b, [sgmaster].[dbo].[users] c
where a.groupid = b.groupid and a.userid = c.userid

This query serves the purpose when we only have one repository and global groups. However, we have created two more repositories, and started defining groups within these repositories. The query is no longer adequate as a result.

How can I generate a folder security report that contains multiple repositories and the non-global groups within those repositories?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear