History Columns

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

snapjeff

History Columns

Post by snapjeff » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:49 am

Is there a way to display a user's full name on history display?

We are going to be switching to AD for user credentials soon and the corporate policy for usernames is quite cryptic. Currently, our Vault usernames are formatted in such a way that is it easy to see who made a particular change when viewing history. When we switch to using AD credentials, this will be more difficult to decode the user from the username. This would be mitigated if Show History would allow us to choose the 'Full Name' field as a displayed column.

Did I miss a setting somewhere that allows this?

We are using Vault Standard 10.1.0

Tonya

Re: History Columns

Post by Tonya » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:20 am

Hello,

If I'm understanding your inquiry correctly, you'd like for the history dialog to display the end user's name under the "user" column instead of their login name? If this is true, there is currently no way of applying this change but I can log a feature request.

Thanks,

Tonya

snapjeff

Post by snapjeff » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:41 am

Tonya,

That is one way to do it.

Another is to be able to select the columns that are displayed on the history display much the way the columns can be chosen for the file list display.

Yet another would be to display both the username AND the user's full name on the history display.

Any of these would make our users happier. :D

Jeff

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:07 am

Thank you for the feedback. I will make sure to get these feature requests logged for our upcoming releases.

Tonya