Your serial number is not a valid serial number

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

kraigh

Your serial number is not a valid serial number

Post by kraigh » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:55 am

After installing Server for first time, I get this message when trying to login from the Admin tool as "Admin" with password I gave during installation:

"The username or password supplied is invalid."

If I use a different user name name, I get:

"Your serial number is not a valid serial number. User logins are currently disabled."

How can I set the serial number without running the Admin tool?

FYI, the vaultservice.asmx comes up OK.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:26 pm

You'll need to run the Admin tool at some point, to configure Vault, so you'll need the password. Make sure you don't have caplocks on, etc.

You can't log in as another user since no user accounts have been created yet.

Can you log in from the web client:

http://<vaultserver>/VaultService/VaultWeb/login.aspx?

If not, I'd suggest you uninstall and reinstall to reset the Admin password.

If after that you're still unable to login, send me a copy of the vault_install.log file in your user's temp directory. Email it to linda at SourceGear.com and provide a link to this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Miquin

Re: Your serial number is not a valid serial number

Post by Miquin » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:52 am

I got this error, after doing a backup from the admin portal.

I was locked out of the admin portal, and told my password was not valid, and sometimes when trying to login i get the following:
Login Failed: Your serial number is not a valid serial number. User logins are currently disabled.

Honestly at a loss for words. We were shuffling the vault around, had everyone delete stuff from their computers because item moves / renames etc, cause errors on others computers constantly. Everything is locked up in the vault and now being told my serial numbers are not valid and I have no way to access the data.

Tonya

Re: Your serial number is not a valid serial number

Post by Tonya » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:04 am

Resolved the issue via email. End user was making a backup of their Vault database using the Vault Client, the backup got disrupted and their database was stuck in single user mode in SQL Server. Once changed to multi user, the problem went away.

Tonya