Working Folder entry disappears

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dsalter

Working Folder entry disappears

Post by dsalter » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:26 am

Hi,

I have a Vault user here (10.0.1 793) who sets up his working folder in Vault Client only to have it disappear on his next login. This is only an issue for him and none of the other users. Please let me know if there are any suggestions of how to resolve this. Thanks.

Tonya

Re: Working Folder entry disappears

Post by Tonya » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:26 am

Hello,

Can you please provide us with additional details? How are they setting up their working folder? Do you know if this is machine specific or user specific? Is the end user's working folder being set to their local drive?

Thanks,

Tonya

dsalter

Post by dsalter » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:05 pm

Please see attachment for screenshots.
Attachments
vault wrking directory.jpg
vault wrking directory.jpg (99.35 KiB) Viewed 349 times

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:03 pm

Hello again,

Is the working folder a shared network drive? Can you try changing the drive to your local c:\drive and see if the problem still exists?

Thanks,

Tonya

dsalter

Post by dsalter » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:30 am

Hi. Yes, it is a network path. I have asked him to change it to the C: drive, however, the rest of us are using the same network path and do not have this issue that he has.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:48 am

Hello again,

If the problem goes away after he changes his working folder to his local drive, we can troubleshoot from there. Right now I'm just trying to figure out the culprit.

Another suggestion would be to have the user log on a different machine (as himself) with the same credentials and see if the problem goes away. I have a feeling this is probably machine specific. If everything works accordingly on a new machine, my first suggestion is for him to clear his client-side cache:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11513

Thanks,

Tonya