Help! Upgraded 2.0.6 to 3.0, and now server doesn't work!

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

shaulbehr

Help! Upgraded 2.0.6 to 3.0, and now server doesn't work!

Post by shaulbehr » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:51 am

I have been happily running vault 2.0.6 for many months. Now I just upgraded to 3.0, and I'm getting the "no server found at specified URL" message.

I *can* see the web page at http://localhost/VaultService/

When I go to http://localhost/VaultService/VaultService.asmx, I get a configuration error:

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'vaultlib'.

Source Error:

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

Source File: c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'vaultlib' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = vaultlib
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/VaultService
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: vaultlib
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/vaultservice/626bd4aa/3d193b67/vaultlib.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET Files/vaultservice/626bd4aa/3d193b67/vaultlib/vaultlib.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/VaultService/bin/vaultlib.DLL.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: VaultLib, Version=3.0.0.2752, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

I couldn't find any questions on the forums that deal with this. Please help urgently, because my entire organization is now without source control!

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:57 am

Shaul:

You should have received some emails from other team members regarding the problem. In any event those do not work out, are you by chance running MS Indexing service on the Vault server?

I'm not sure this is the problem, but I found this error in my research of this problem

PRB: Access Denied Error When You Make Code Modifications with Index Services Running
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

shaulbehr

Post by shaulbehr » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:16 pm

Jeff, you are the wind beneath my wings.

Spot on, problem solved!

:)
Shaul