3.0 "Automatically connect using this profile" is

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

thecramgroup

3.0 "Automatically connect using this profile" is

Post by thecramgroup » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:12 pm

Hi all,

I've just upgraded to 3.0 from 2.0.6.
Everything seems to be working fine, except "Automatically connect using this profile" checkbox is grayed out when I launch Visual Studio .NET 2003, and I'm forced to select a profile.

If I run Vault client directly, I'm able to select it though but it only persists until the next time I launch VS.NET.

Any help is appreciated.

-Oleg.

dan

Post by dan » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:26 pm

We should probably remove the "automatically connect" altogether from the IDE, rather than just disabling it, as it seems to be causing confusing.

In 3.0, if you connect with a profile in the IDE, it will always use that profile automatically, and you don't have to login again. The GUI client works the same as before - if you choose a profile, it will default back to that profile, and if you choose to automatically connect, it will do so.

You shouldn't be forced to select a profile in the IDE though - it should allow you to type in connection info without a profile. In that case, it will continue to prompt you to login each time you invoke the IDE.

wayne.cox

Automatically Connecting

Post by wayne.cox » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:46 am

If I understand, after you once connect with a profile, it's supposed to automatically connect with that same profile? If this is true, it's not working for me with VS 2003 and Vault 3.0. Each time I open a project that hasn't been opened since installing Vault 3.0, it prompts me to connect. I select my profile and every is OK.

Also, when I add a new solution to source control, I always have to select my profile. It never automatically connects like it used to do.

Wayne

dan

Post by dan » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:17 am

Does it require you to select a profile after you bring it up in 3.0 the second time, or is it just the first time you open it in 3.0 that there is a problem?

Also, check out this KB article http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2474 if it continually makes you connect with a profile.

wayne.cox

Post by wayne.cox » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:12 am

No. After selecting the profile the second time, it doesn't prompt anymore. Unless the session is lost, say after an IISReset on the Web Server. Then it prompts for the profile before any operation. I've checked the MSSCCPRJ.SCC files and they all contain the correct information.

Wayne

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:24 pm

I think my question was too vague - are you required to login each time you open the solution, even after having chosen a profile the previous time you connected? If so, then did the steps in the KB article mentioned above help any?

If this was only a problem one time after upgrading, then I'm inclined to not worry about it.

wayne.cox

Post by wayne.cox » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:01 pm

Dan, yes, once I pick the profile after opening the solution (for each project in the solution), it doesn't ask anymore.

Like I said before though, if the session is lost while in VS working on the project, the next attempt to perform a SCC command will require me to repick the profile. I know this doesn't happen very ofter, I'm only saying that this is undesirable behavior that was introduced with version 3.0

dan

Post by dan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:41 pm

Thanks for the clarification Wayne. If it happens after an occasional disconnect, then we should take a look at it.

GregM

Post by GregM » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:04 pm

I'm set up to automatically connect with a profile. Any time I try to connect and the connect fails, such as because I just changed my password or the server is temporarily unavailable, the login screen comes up with "Connect automatically" unchecked. It's a bit annoying to have to recheck, but I always figured this was just a safety thing, so it didn't keep trying to connect with a profile that couldn't connect.