Name of old Vault server will not go away

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Cardiff

Name of old Vault server will not go away

Post by Cardiff » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:16 pm

I just moved our Vault server to a new system (System B) from another machine (System A). I did not change the location of the Vault database. After installing the Vault server on System B I uninstalled it from System A.

Now when I try to open a solution in Visual Studio.Net 2003, VS.Net just cannot forget about Server A. Somewhere Server A is wired up as the source control server and I repeatedly have to redirect VS.Net to Server B. So far I have not been able to figure out where VS.Net is hiding this setting. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:33 pm

Try unbinding then re-binding in the Change Source Control menu item in Visual Studio. If that doesn't work, you might need to hand edit the MSSCCPRJ.SCC files, or the solution or project files themselves.

Cardiff

Post by Cardiff » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:07 pm

Thanks Dan. That's a good suggestion, but in fact what I did after posting my message and before reading your reply was to delete my local copy of the solution and then pull it all down fresh from Vault using File > Source Control > Open From Source Control in VS.Net. Now everythng works like a charm!