item showing as unresolved despite being completed.

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ebinfo

item showing as unresolved despite being completed.

Post by ebinfo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:11 pm

i am looking at http://desktop/Fortress/Default.aspx

this shows me the list of the projects at a glance.

i note that there are items that are flagged as 'unresolved', however they are set as 'completed' in their status values.

Is there any other variable that needs to be set somewhat so that once an item has been taken care of, it is being placed in some kind of resolved field instead of looking like it hasn't been attended to?

just curious.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:55 pm

If you look at the Item Tracking Fields page (Admin->Item Tracking Fields) all the status values are listed. Status values with the Status Type "Pending" are considered to be unresolved. The "Completed" status has a "Pending" status type. An issue needs to have "Closed" status type (like Verified, for example) to be removed from the unresolved list. Note that the Status Type of a Status can be changed on the Item Tracking Fields page.

Following is an excerpt about the completed status is from the thread http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4371. That tread explains the default Fortress status values.
Completed - A developer has checked changes into the tree that are meant to address the item. At this point, the bug is no longer the programmer's problem, and becomes the problem of a tester (who may be a fellow developer but is usually a QA thug). The tester then does some regression testing and either marks the bug "verified", burying it forever, or resets it to "open" with comments on what failed and it returns to the developer. This one is also hardwired to "My Open", but the "Completed" tab of it.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

ebinfo

Post by ebinfo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:01 pm

thanks, this answers my question :)