vs current source control plugin equal to "none"

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

gbulfon

vs current source control plugin equal to "none"

Post by gbulfon » Tue May 06, 2008 7:11 pm

SOS does not work with VS2K8, so I install VS2K5, then, SOS client.
I get a project, i tried to checkin withou a problem. Then when I want to checkin another files I get an error.

When i check plugin selection dialog, i get:

Current source control plug-in: NONE.

I appreciate any help.

-gabriel

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed May 07, 2008 7:59 am

SOS does not work with VS2K8
I've had reports that this is the case if one is using Vista as the OS. The current release wasn't tested with that combination, but the next release will be.

On the part with VS 2005, I'm assuming you performed an Open from Source Control or how did you get that project?

Can you show a screenshot of your solution explorer and the error you received when trying to check in?

gbulfon

Post by gbulfon » Wed May 07, 2008 4:29 pm

Yes. I get all project from SOS client. When I open solution the IDE show "Connect To Server" dialog. I set server and port and connect automatically. I get the project. Sometimes the IDE hang, other time, i can checkin files.

Later than try two or three times, I get "Server Connection Close" dialog.

I want to try to save screenshot but my VS2K5 is hang :(

I tried reinstalling SOS client, but nothing. The VS2K5 hang up when "Updating source control status..." message is on the IDE status bar.

regards

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed May 07, 2008 8:01 pm

When working with IDE integration, it's best to not be jumping back and forth between the GUI client and Visual Studio, unless it's some function that can't be done in Visual Studio. Just performing a Get from the GUI does not set up the binding needed for IDE integration.

For opening a project for the first time ever, you need to open Visual Studio, set the SCC provider under Tools - Options - Source Control to be SourceOffSite, then go to File - Source Control - Open from Source Control. You will select the path where it should be during that open. That sets the bindings.

If you have already performed that open once, then you can just open the .sln from disk and it will open and have the same bindings.

It's hard to tell if you have your bindings for IDE integration quite right with no screenshots, so I'm going to deter a little bit from that, because I think you have something else going on that has nothing to do with Visual Studio.

The error "Server Connection Closed" is going to cause a problem whether you are using just SOS alone or using IDE integration. SOS needs a persistent connection to function. One way to better tell what is going on is to check your SOS server log (on the server at C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite\log.txt). If you can, post it here or send it to support at sourcegear.com (attn; Beth) with a link to this thread. That will tell us a bit more. Usually, it's a case of where either some networking equipment, the server itself, or the client, is closing the port.