Get Latest on multiple files or recursive fails

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

istacey

Get Latest on multiple files or recursive fails

Post by istacey » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:35 pm

I've got a potentially complex setup, but I'm not sure my setup is the problem...

I'm running Mac OX 10.5.4. I'm then running VMWare Fusion with Windows Vista Business. on Windows I'm running SOS 4.2.x (?) with 128bit encryption. My network connection in VMWare is bridged rather than using NAT so as far as Windows is concerned its directly connected to the Internet, I'm not using a Firewall on Vista or any AV software.. I'm based in Australia, the SOS server is based in the UK.

Generally things work ok, albeit slowly sometimes. However almost without fail, a "Get Latest" on either multiple files or recursively will just not work. It'll maybe get one file, then no more. In the SOS client I can simple stop the current operation and get the files manually (although this is tedious), but via Visual Studio 2005 I have no way of doing this. Also, and rather annoyingly, VS2005 seems to want to "Get[ing] Item(s) from Source Control..." whenever I open my solution. Which means it goes of to do a recursive get (I assume) and then hangs VS2005.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Ian

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:03 pm

We haven't tested in this environment, so it's hard to say what the problem is.

Where is your SOS Server, and what operating system is it on?

Could you try to do a recurisive get again and then send us a copy of the SOS Server log? It's log.txt and is in the SOS Server machine.

Email the log and a link to this post to support at sourcegear.com Attn: Linda
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager