Command line client - "getlabel" broken with lates

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

DarrenS

Command line client - "getlabel" broken with lates

Post by DarrenS » Wed May 19, 2004 3:22 pm

We just upgraded to the new Vault client + server, and suddenly our build script has broken. It is doing a 'getlabel', after labelling a folder with a particular label, it then does a 'getlabel' on it. However, since we upgraded we're getting this:

Code: Select all

<vault>
<error>
The server did not return a repository delta or file delta for item $/System/Internet/shapeworks/V01
</error>
<exception>
System.Exception: The server did not return a repository delta or file delta for item $/System/Internet/shapeworks/V01
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetByLabel_GetStructure(String currentPathToLabelItem, String labelName, Int64& labelID, String labelSubItemPath, String[]& discoveredSubItemPaths, VaultClientTreeObject& labelStructure, Int64& rootID)
   at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommandGetLabel(String reposItem, String label, String labelSubItem)
   at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)
   at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)
</exception>
<result success="no" />
</vault>
Helllp! :shock:
Last edited by DarrenS on Wed May 19, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed May 19, 2004 3:53 pm

Darren,

Can you view the label in the GUI client? Can you post your label command and you getlabel command?

DarrenS

Post by DarrenS » Wed May 19, 2004 5:46 pm

When I try to view the label in the GUI client, I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." The "view label" dialog pops up, but it's empty save for the error message in the single tree node, "error retrieving structure."

I'll work on getting the command line - it's buried deep in our scripting process.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu May 20, 2004 10:10 am

Is there anything in the Server log that would indicate that the server is having a problem with the label?

DarrenS

Post by DarrenS » Thu May 20, 2004 1:29 pm

No, nothing in the log.

Have tried this with various labels in different projects - same issue.

If we just do a "get" instead of "getlabel", it works fine.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu May 20, 2004 1:55 pm

What do you label names look like? Are you getting a subitem from the label, or the root of the label? Any word on getting me the label and getlabel commands?

DarrenS

Post by DarrenS » Thu May 20, 2004 2:27 pm

We are getting the label itself, i.e. not inherited but the root.

Our labels look like V01.0042, V01.0043, V02.0001 etc.

Here's a sample command line and response (sensitive info has been masked)

"c:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client\Vault.exe" getlabel -host ourvaultserver -user builder -p
assword xxxxxx -repository our_repository -merge overwrite -setfiletime checkin -destpath D:\Source\ $/Website/V02
V02.0009

<vault>
<error>
The server did not return a repository delta or file delta for item $/Website/V02
</error>
<exception>
System.Exception: The server did not return a repository delta or file delta for item $/Website/V02
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetByLabel_GetStructure(String currentPathToLabelItem,
String labelName, Int64& labelID, String labelSubItemPath, String[]& discoveredSubItemPaths
, VaultClientTreeObject& labelStructure, Int64& rootID)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommandGetLabel(String reposItem, String label, S
tring labelSubItem)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)
</exception>
<result success="no" />
</vault>

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu May 20, 2004 2:50 pm

Darren,

Email me your phone number, and we'll continue this offline.

DarrenS

Post by DarrenS » Thu May 20, 2004 3:15 pm

Sent.

DarrenS

Post by DarrenS » Tue May 25, 2004 1:44 pm

Sourcegear\Jeremy has reproduced this problem.

It's to do with default rights - all our users (except admin) are set up to have no default rights; all rights are assigned additively through groups. That's why it works when I do a "getlabel" with the admin user. According to Jeremy, this is a bug that was introduced with 2.03 relating to the way Vault processes inherited user rights. A patch will be forthcoming.

jschuit

Post by jschuit » Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:26 am

Has this been corrected yet? We're using v2.0.4 server and clients and are getting a similar error when trying to GETLABEL via command line. The user has no default rights, the inherited rights are granting full access to the root of the repository. We get an error 1902 : FailInvalidLabel, but when I add read access to the user's default rights, the command succeeds.

Is this the same issue?

Thanks.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:50 pm

Darren's problem was corrected in Vault 2.0.4. Perhaps you are seeing a similar problem. I'll try to reproduce what you're seeing.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:36 am

I've already emailed jschuit about this, but he was seeing a different (but related) bug. This bug will be fixed in 2.0.5.