Macintosh client?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Scootin159

Re: Macintosh client?

Post by Scootin159 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Add my vote as well.

Specifically we're looking for just a Mac equivalent of the Windows GUI client. While integration into XCode or MonoDevelop would be nice, in our case it would actually be more useful for us to have the full GUI client. In particular this is because we have a repository full of non-programming files, such as Word, Excel, Photoshop, etc. which we need to offer Mac-based access to.

P.S. - Where do these "votes" actually go? Is there some place we can go to vote for other features? I tried finding this, but couldn't find what you're referring to. If people can't find it... how do you expect them to vote for it?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 am

P.S. - Where do these "votes" actually go? Is there some place we can go to vote for other features? I tried finding this, but couldn't find what you're referring to. If people can't find it... how do you expect them to vote for it?
We log feature requests and bugs in our item tracking system (we use Vault Pro.) When users report bugs or suggest features, we add their comments and e-mail addresses or forum IDs to the work item.

These comments are considered "votes," and when we consider a feature, we look at how many users have requested it. We don't make our item tracking database public, but we refer to the work item number in the forum post so it's easy for us to find the item in our system, and not create duplicate work items.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

thomas62j5

Post by thomas62j5 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:03 pm

Please add my vote to this as well. We just upgraded to Vault Pro, and can get by with some of the web access, but a Mac app would be preferred.

Thanks,
Thomas

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Done. Thanks for the feedback.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jamiller619

Post by jamiller619 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:46 pm

Add my vote as well although it's going to be useless to me but could help future developers wanting a Vault Mac client, as well as your company.

We've been using Vault for some time now and being an all Windows shop this was fine. We recently started doing heavy Mac development and need a solution that works for both Mac and Windows. So we're moving our source control to SVN.

It's unfortunate that a company like this doesn't have a Mac client. If you think most people are going to register for this forum to simply "add a vote" for a Mac client you're mistaken. I would think for every "vote" you get you'll have to multiply it by at least 10, probably more, to get an accurate representation. With iPhone and iPad being such an incredibly popular platform for developers you guys will get left behind without a Mac client.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:12 pm

We appreciate your feedback. We are definitely investigating the feasibility of a Mac Client for Vault.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

craigr

Post by craigr » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:07 pm

I hate to add a "me too" for a Mac client, but it was precisely this feature that kept us from making the switch from SourceOffSite/VSS to Vault. It was only when sales threatened us with an upgrade price increase from $99 to $349 that we decided to bite the bullet.

So along with my vote for a Mac GUI client, I'll add this for other Mac users, especially those bouncing between Mac and Windows: We're running the Windows Vault Client in a Windows virtual machine using Parallels and it works reasonably well. We've moved our remaining Windows development to our Macs so it's not that big of a deal to use the Windows client in "coherence mode" to make it (kind of) look like just another Mac app.

That said, there are problems that would make it really nice to have a Mac GUI client and we're hopeful that will come soon.

Craig

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:46 pm

I've added your vote and comments as well. Even though it may seem redundant, we actually like knowing how many are interested.

F: 9186
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

lhesketh

Post by lhesketh » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:42 am

Please add me to the list of Vault users wanting to see a Mac client. Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:57 am

Got it, thanks.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

CraigNicholson

Post by CraigNicholson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:22 am

Please add my vote to the feature request.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:42 am

Done.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

parkersoft

Post by parkersoft » Thu May 05, 2011 5:33 am

Please also add my vote to the Mac GUI Client request list - this is getting more important as we get more Mac projects - at the moment we have to run the Vault client via Windows connected to the shared folder information.

Thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri May 06, 2011 9:22 am

Vote added!

Thanks for your feedback.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

feljax

Post by feljax » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:03 am

Please add my vote for a Mac client. In my case, most people here use the Windows client but I am the odd man out with the only Mac in the office and using the Mac client would be orders of magnitude better for me than having to log into a VM just to use Vault.