Can't clear working folder within Vault GUI

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

onovotny

Can't clear working folder within Vault GUI

Post by onovotny » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:11 pm

I'm using 2.0.3 and somehow one of the projects under the main solution had a working folder set explicitly. Now if I change the working folder for the parent, the project working folder remains unchanged.

Is there a way to clear out the working folder information? I just want to set the top-most folder and have the rest be directly underneath it.

Thanks!
--Oren

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:19 pm

The only way to do this in 2.0.3 is from the command line client, using the unsetworkingfolder command. This will be fixed in the next major release.

tcarrico

unsetworkingfolder command line option

Post by tcarrico » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:59 pm

does this command support wildcards? does it process subfolders recursively?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:15 pm

tcarrico:

No. But you may not have as many set working folders as you think.

Use the -LISTWORKINGFOLDERS command to see what is actually set, since some working folders are "inherited".
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:49 am

You can also delete the file on disk that stores the working folder associations (while no Vault clients are running, of course, else they would be written again on exit). This file is called "CacheMember_WorkingFolderAssignments" and can be found in one of the subdirectories of %APPDATA%\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client. Multiple subdirectories exist for each server you've connected to (and each user you've logged in as), but if you only use one Vault server, it should be easy to find this file.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`