Annoyances in Fortress 2

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

BigBrett

Annoyances in Fortress 2

Post by BigBrett » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:44 am

I have two items that annoy me in Fortress 2.0.1 (18729) that certainly aren't show-stoppers, but do need fixing at some point.

1. A minor annoyance is that the Search pane in the GUI client does not remember column width settings. The column widths are reset between GUI runs, and also if you simply switch to another tab such as Messages and back again.

2. A major annoyance is the calendar control on the Query page of the web application. You scroll down the page to get to the From date entry, click the control to open it and the page is reloaded so you are back at the top. So you scroll on down to the now open control and click on a date to select it and the same thing happens again. Repeat this twice more for the To date entry and you can see how annoying it becomes.

FYI, I am using IE8 with Compatibility View switched on.

Cheers,
Brett

lbauer

Re: Annoyances in Fortress 2

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:55 pm

A minor annoyance is that the Search pane in the GUI client does not remember column width settings. The column widths are reset between GUI runs, and also if you simply switch to another tab such as Messages and back again.

I haven't been able to reproduce this. I have the same column settings after I open the client and log in again, or switch to another tab. Could you provide specific steps to reproduce and also send a screenshot of your search tab settings?
A major annoyance is the calendar control on the Query page of the web application.
I've logged a bug to fix this in a future release.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:44 pm

Here is what I do to reproduce the column width annoyance:

1. Open the GUI Client and select the Search tab.

2. Set the column widths I require.

3. Switch to the Messages tab and back to the Search tab. Column widths are reset.

4. Reset the column widths I require.

5. Exit the GUI Client then restart. Column widths were not remembered.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:46 am

Got it. I was searching on "Missing." For some reason the columns change when you're searching for checkouts, but not when you're searching for Missing or Edited files (and maybe other statuses -- I didn't try them all).

I've logged bug 14940, to be fixed in a future release. Thanks for the report.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

BigBrett

Re: Annoyances in Fortress 2 - now Vault Pro

Post by BigBrett » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 pm

Apologies in advance for reopening this, but point 2 of my original post regarding the page scroll when using the date selector in the Query pages is still not fixed in 6.1.0.30531.

Cheers,
Brett

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 pm

We hope to be able to fix this in Vault 7, due out next year.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear