Getting content of the folder

Post your questions regarding using the Vault and Fortress API in your programs.

Moderator: SourceGear

AndreyN

Getting content of the folder

Post by AndreyN » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:33 pm

I am parsing transaction history and want to get content of the folder @ specific version.

ServerOperations.client.ClientInstance.GetFolderAt always returns null to me.

One topic on this forum suggested using ServerOperations.client.ClientInstance.TreeCache.Repository.Root.FindFoldersRecursive() to get folder object, modify version, and then use GetFilesRecursive() to get content. Such approach seems to work, until I reach the folder in history that was deleted later (seems that FindFoldersRecursive scan current state of the repo).

Does anybody know how I can get content of the folder (collection of VaultClientFile objects)? May be there is a trick on using GetFolderAt command?

Vault 4.0.4.

Thanks in advance.

jeremy_sg

Re: Getting content of the folder

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:05 pm

This is a really big question that you're asking, and getting deep into the details of Vault.

Please email support at sourcegear.com ATTN: jeremy with a link to this thread. It would be very helpful to include your source code as well.
Subscribe to the Fortress/Vault blog

atulchauhan

Post by atulchauhan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 am

AndreyN,
Were you able to get any help on this?
I have the exact same question as you had. Any code snippets / comments / links would be appreciated.
Atul

atulchauhan

Post by atulchauhan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Jeremy,
I need to get the files for a particular RevisionSet.
Is there a simple way to do that.
Atul

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:50 am

Atul,

AndreyN was asking to get the contents of a folder for a specific version. Are you asking for that OR for a way to get what change set items were associated for a given transaction? If it is the latter, you should look at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.ProcessCommandTxDetail().

HTH
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear