Branching/Sharing

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

JohnASchmitz

Branching/Sharing

Post by JohnASchmitz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:58 am

I am used to using drag and drop to share files in SourceSafe. I will open a project folder, select files, and then drag and drop the files on the target folder. This doesn't seem to work in Vault! Is this really not supported? I did figure out a couple of other ways to share files.

John

Beth

Re: Branching/Sharing

Post by Beth » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:15 pm

We don't currently support the drag-n-drop for sharing. I have a feature request that I can add your vote to for this functionality if you would like.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

CoffeeNerd

Post by CoffeeNerd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:39 am

Beth wrote:We don't currently support the drag-n-drop for sharing. I have a feature request that I can add your vote to for this functionality if you would like.
I'm currently reviewing Vault as a replacement for our VSS installation and while giving my first presentation today I heard loud and clear that not supporting drag-n-drop for sharing files is an issue. People are used to that feature in VSS; there is already built-in resistance to change so this doesn't help.

Please add my vote for this feature request as well and if there is an update on this being made available please let me know.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:14 pm

We support the drag and drop if you are adding new files from Windows. Just not in between windows from inside of Vault. I was assuming you were asking for the latter item. I've added your vote to that feature request.

F: 5249
Beth Kieler

clange

Post by clange » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 am

It's been a couple years. Any progress on implementing this on version 5 or 6? We're still at 4 at the moment. You can add my vote for drag and drop on branching/sharing. And the vote of the 50 other users at my company.

I image it working like this. We drag and drop a folder or file or multiple folders and files. Vault would then give you options. For example, if you drag and drop a shared file, Vault would ask whether you want to share or branch the software. Same with a non-shared file. Different results, of course, as it works now with Vault.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:15 pm

This feature isn't in Vault 5 and won't make it in Vault 6.0. I will add your vote to the feature.

Do you move/share/branch a lot? If so, what is your workflow like?
Beth Kieler