HP Quality Center with vault pro

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
dios123

HP Quality Center with vault pro

Post by dios123 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 pm

I am using HP Quality Center 9.2 for Test Management while the team uses Vault pro for source code management, which leads to duplication of defects and a lot of effort goes into doing this.

Is there a Vault pro add-in for Quality Center which would help in better project management ? Is there any other way we can implement effective test management with Vault pro.

lbauer

Re: HP Quality Center with vault pro

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Vault doesn't support integration with HP Quality Center, and unfortunately, we're not familiar enough with the HP Quality Center to provide suggestions.

Perhaps if you describe what you need, we can give you a better answer.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dios123

Post by dios123 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 pm

We want to have a Test Management setup through which test runs can generate defects and the developers can check in code against the defect numbers.
Currently they can add code changes against defect ids using vault pro. But we have to duplicate the defects that testing catches through Quality Center, in vault.
HP Quality center has add-ins for some other source code management tools like subversion,VSS,clearcase. I wanted to know if vault had/could come up with such an add-in as it would be helpful to projects which implement Quality Center for test management.

I checked axosoft onTime if it can provide the required solution (test case creation and defect logging for tests failed) but it provides such a mapping with requirements and not test cases.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:22 pm

We don't have a plugin, but I've logged feature request 15900 for this functionality. It will be evaluated for a future release of VaultPro.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager