Use Chunked Encoding... not working in Command-Line

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
kfredericks

Use Chunked Encoding... not working in Command-Line

Post by kfredericks » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:24 am

We recently rebuilt our server (Windows Server 2008 R2) and came across a file upload limitation of about 30MB or so that was fixed by checking off the "User Chunked Encoding ..." checkbox in the Vault client. However, the problem persists in the command line. That is, it appears the checkbox in the Vault client, and the registry key that sets, is not being used by the command-line. I cannot execute the ADD command with files over (around) 30MB. I get this error:

Code: Select all

<!--Upload for item $/test.delete failed too many times, aborting transaction.  
        Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.  
        The specific error was "The server had an error processing the file upload but did not return an error header.  The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
An exception was encountered during the transaction.  Exception: The server had an error processing the file upload but did not return an error header.  The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UploadItem(ChangeSetItem item, String txID, Byte[]& streamBuffer, Int32& bytesWrittenThisFile, Boolean bIsImport)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.UploadThread.ProcessCommand(UploadThreadCommand command, UploadThreadCommandResult& outputResult)-->
How can I set the command line to also use chunked encoding? Thanks in advance for your help.

Beth

Re: Use Chunked Encoding... not working in Command-Line

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:59 am

We are discussing this issue offline.
HS: 222713
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

FRinguette

Post by FRinguette » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Was there a resolution to this problem? I am seeing the same behavior on my server.

Thanks

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:03 pm

A bug was found in our command-line client when uploading large files. The Vault GUI client can still upload large files, but you might have to turn on Chunked Encoding in the Vault Tools - Options - Network Settings.

F: 15913
Beth Kieler

FRinguette

Post by FRinguette » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Yes it does work with the Vault GUI client with the Chunked Encodong turned on. My problem was only with the command line.

Is there a fix or workaround for this? I would really need to use the command line to upload my large files.

Is it possible that is only affect certain OS or version of IIS or ASP.Net? I have a server running on windows XP and the upload of large files works fine but on my Windows 2008 server it doesn't. I am using version 4.1.4 btw but I also tried the latest version under Windows 7 64 and I still can't upload large file with the command line.

Thanks for your answer.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:01 am

I currently don't have a work-around for the command-line client.

What OS are you uploading the files from? If you can map a drive to the machine, you could use the Vault GUI client on your workstation to pull the files into Vault.

If you use Eclipse, the project can be added using the Eclipse plug-in instead of a Vault GUI client.
Beth Kieler

FRinguette

Post by FRinguette » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:53 pm

Is this going to be fixed in the next release?

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't have a schedule for this item currently. I don't expect it to make Vault 6.0.

We can discuss what options you have available to you if I know a little more about the environment. What OS are the files on?
Beth Kieler

FRinguette

Post by FRinguette » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:00 am

My vault server is on Windows 2008, I'm using SQL server 2005 which is on the same machine as the vault server and the command line fails on an ADD of more than 30Mb.

Another server is on Windows XP, using SQL server 2005 on the same machine as the vault server and the command line works on an ADD of more than 30Mb.

My problem is that I can't use anything else than the vault command line because it is part of an automated tool that does our software compile, package and other operations.

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks. That's some useful information.

So you have two Vault servers, right? Are they the same version of Vault?

When you connect with the command line, do you use the machine name, FQDN, IP address or localhost?
Beth Kieler

FRinguette

Post by FRinguette » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 am

Yes I have in fact two servers. I did a few tests from different OS and version of the server on both virtual machines and real PC. Here is what I tried so far...

My 2 servers are
Windows XP with 4.1.4 standard. -> Upload works
Windows 2008 with 4.1.4 standard. -> Upload fails

Then I tried the latest and greatest
Windows 7 64 with 5.1.2 standard -> Upload fails

I always do my test locally to try to eliminate variables so when I connect I always use 127.0.0.1

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Vault 4.1.4 isn't supported on Windows 2008 Server.

What happens if you try Vault 5.1.2 on an XP machine?

I'll run a test here as well.
Beth Kieler