VFP forms appear to become corrupted on first checkout.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

gyoung

VFP forms appear to become corrupted on first checkout.

Post by gyoung » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:56 pm

We have just moved up to SOS 4.0.2 from 3.5.3. I am using VFP 8.0 with SOS as the source control provider and VSS 6.0d on Win2k. When checking out a foxpro form for the first time since upgradeing (thru the fox IDE), the form file is becomming corrupted. I can delete the files (.scx and .sct) on my local drive and then get latest thru SOS and the files come down intact. Has anyone else reported a similar problem?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:15 pm

Gary also called Tech Support and we found that if he first did a "get latest" from Source Control, the checkouts succeeded with the files intact.

The problem seemed to happen when files in the working directory had not previously been retrieved with SOS 4.0.

I've logged a bug and we'll be looking into this further.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rtjulian

Issue Still there in 4.2.x?

Post by rtjulian » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:47 pm

We are experiencing the same issue when we recently upgraded from 3.5. Has the issue with FoxPro been resolved yet?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:30 pm

The issue has not been resolved. Although some users do use source control integration with Visual FoxPro, Visual FoxPro has not been officially supported for some time.

Because of this, we will most likely not be making any changes to SourceOffSite that would improve Visual FoxPro integration.

Our recommendation would be to use the SourceOffSite standalone client for source control operations, while continuing development in Visual FoxPro.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager