Change default user

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
JohnBot

Change default user

Post by JohnBot » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:49 am

Hello

Having now purchased Vault I seem unable to prevent VS2010 connecting as Admin by default when I open a solution which uses Vault. How can I get the client to forget who I am and thus ask me to login again?

Many thanks

Beth

Re: Change default user

Post by Beth » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Open a Vault GUI client. Does it automatically log in as admin? If so, go to File - Connect to Server, then uncheck the option "Automatically connect using this profile." Then you can change who you log in as. The next time you open Visual Studio, you should be prompted to log in.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

JohnBot

Post by JohnBot » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:54 am

Thanks for the response Beth however this did not work. I followed your instructions, the Vault client prompted me for my password (showing the correct user). I then Disconnected From Server and exited the client. Started VS2010 and opened a solution which is under Vault SCC and no user/password was requested. As far as I can tell it is still connecting as admin. Using the enhanced Vault VS client addin.

I had a further problem when first trying to add an existing installer package project to my solution. Vault compained about a file in the installer project. Now, I can add the project but Vault compains when I try to checkin the .sln. No useful error messages are given (i.e. anything which explains just why it is unhappy with either the installer project or the .sln file). With the installer project removed, the .sln checks in/out fine.

I know I haven't given you a huge amount of info but does anything here ring a bell?

Many thanks

John

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 am

For the original issue, rebinding may help.
1) After opening the solution, if you are using the Vault Enhanced Client, go to File - Vault Source Control - Change Bindings. If you are using the Vault Classic Client, go to File - Source Control - Change Source Control.
2) Unbind everything and click OK.
3) Close Visual Studio entire and reopen it and your solution.
4) Return to the Change Bindings or Change Source Control window.
5) Select one line that is not the .sln file and click Bind. Follow the prompts to bind that project.
6) Continue binding each line, but bind the .sln last.
7) If you receive a Valid status with all lines, then click OK.
8_) Check in any changes to the .sln or project files.

Somewhere in the binding process, you should be prompted to log in.

On the second item you mentioned, is the installer project already in Vault? If so, are you adding the existing project from source control, or are you adding it from disk? If you're adding it from disk, VS may be confused and trying to add it to Vault again. If this doesn't accurately describe what is happening, then I need more details about what is happening when you are adding the installer package.
Beth Kieler

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:41 am

Another way to remove the automatic login in Visual Studio is by editing or deleting the VSIPClientProjectSettings.xml file. It's in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\VsipSccClient.
Beth Kieler

JohnBot

Post by JohnBot » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:14 am

Thank you Beth

Removing the preferences file did the trick.

Regards

John

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:30 am

You're welcome.
Beth Kieler