Vault not responding

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
hmyers@moog.com

Vault not responding

Post by hmyers@moog.com » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:28 am

Hi,

I have two computers that I upload documents to the vault from. One is a laptop running Windows 7 and the other is a desktop running Windows XP. The vault works fine from the laptop. In messages I do have an error that says:

[7/20/2011 8:11:10 AM] Version Check: This Vault client is version 5.0.3.18802
[7/20/2011 8:11:10 AM] Version Check: Your Vault server is version 5.0.3.18802
[7/20/2011 8:11:10 AM] Version Check: An error occurred when trying to retrieve version.xml file from the SourceGear website

On the desktop, however, I am having problems. I uninstalled the vault and reinstalled and restarted the desktop. I still have the same error shown above in Messages. However, from my desktop whenever I click on anything nothing happens. I have 4 items to check in but I am not able to check them in. I can go to Tools > Options and click on Options but nothing ever happens. Also, I can go to File > Exit and click on Exit and nothing happens. I tried closing the application using the X in the top right of the application but that doesn't work either. In the bottom right of the screen my username appears along with "Connected". If I go to Task Manager and end the VaultGUIClient.exe process the application closes. The VaultGUIClient.exe process is not using any CPU but is using 58,316k Mem Usage. Also, I don't know if it makes a difference, but I Remote Desktop into the desktop. But the vault has worked previously on the desktop when I've used Remote Desktop.

Does anyone have suggestions about what is causing this problem?

Thanks!

lbauer

Re: Vault not responding

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:36 am

[7/20/2011 8:11:10 AM] Version Check: An error occurred when trying to retrieve version.xml file from the SourceGear website

This error means the client can't connect to our version-checking server, but this shouldn't affect client operations.

Is the "hang" a new problem? Was the Vault client working on the XP machine before? If it was was working before, has anything changed on that machine?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

hmyers@moog.com

Post by hmyers@moog.com » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:41 am

The "hang" is a new problem. And, yes the vault client worked on the desktop with XP before for at least a year if not more. Nothing has changed on the desktop other than the normal updates from Microsoft.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 am

It's possible one of the updates changed something.

I'd suggest we schedule a remote assist session where I can take a closer look. Email support at sourcegear.com, Attn: Linda and we'll set something up. Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:29 am

Deleting the client-side cache resolved this issue.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=11513
Linda Bauer
SourceGear