Shared file links

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
BigBrett

Shared file links

Post by BigBrett » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:36 pm

We have a number of projects in a repository that share files between them. I need to check these to ensure that they all have the correct links. I can right-click each file and see the share links in the file properties but there are hundreds of files so that will take me the rest of the year.

I have tried using LISTOBJECTPROPERTIES with Vault commandline but that does not show the share links.

Is there a way to generate a list of share links for files/folders for easier checking?

Regards,
Brett

Beth

Re: Shared file links

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:37 am

You could perform a Show History and on the Actions tab only select the share action. That would tell you everything you shared and to where.

I have a SQL Query you could try too. Just send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks Beth, that SQL query you sent me works like a charm. Extending LISTOBJECTPROPERTIES to show share links would however be the best solution.

Regards,
Brett

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 am

I've taken a feature request on that. Thank you for your feedback.

F: 16013
Beth Kieler

CdrJameson

Post by CdrJameson » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am

Hello,

I'm after listing all the share links in the database too, do you still have the SQL query?

I think I can do it through the client API by using LISTOBJECTPROPERTIES and cross-referencing the ObjID fields, but that takes 10 seconds per file, and I have several thousand files...

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:25 am

I have a SQL Query you could try. Just send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler