Third Party Integration Problem

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
GrahamLabdon

Third Party Integration Problem

Post by GrahamLabdon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 am

Hello
We have been using Vault Professional for some time now and have it integrated fully into our development environment. This environment consists of
Visual Studio 2008
Eclipse
Enterprise Architect(UML modelling tool)

One of our developers has moved to a 64 bit windows 7 machine, so we set up the same development environment.
The integration with Eclipse is fine and we can access our repositories using the Vault client.
However, when we attempt to set up Enterprise Architect EA crashes and we have no idea why.
I turned on debug logging in Vault but nothing gets written to the log.
I have of course contacted Enterprise Architect and their response was to suggest contacting you.
I have attached a stack trace of the crash and also the output received from EA.

I would be grateful if you have any suggestions as to why this is happening

Thanks

Graham Labdon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lbauer

Re: Third Party Integration Problem

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:30 am

Not much in the stack traces except generic exceptions. Basically our integration .dll is crashing.

Have you tried this set-up on a different Win 7 64-bit machine?

We haven't tested Vault with Enterprise Architect, so we don't have experience with it. It's possible it's trying to load a different version of the .NET Framework than Vault is using.

You might be able to get Enterprise Architect to load the .NET Framework 2.0 if there's a Enterprise Architect executable file.

See this KB article about creating a config file that causes an .exe to load the .NET Framework 2.0:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... 13&t=15034
This discusses VB 6 and VC++, but the idea is the same -- in your case you might create an EA.exe.config file (or whatever the .exe name is) using the same steps.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

GrahamLabdon

Post by GrahamLabdon » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks Linda
All working

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 am

Thanks for the update. That's good news. : )
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager