ignore certain file types by extension

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
grs

ignore certain file types by extension

Post by grs » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 am

I have the misfortune of having licensed some components that utilize the visual studio licensing mechanism with generated .licx files, and all that cruft. This has had unfortunate impact on the continuous integration environment.

While I believe I have engineered around the ill effects of this, one final component seems to be tripping me up.

When a developer opens up a designer that uses one of these modules, a "licenses.licx" file is generated in the project, and vault automatically tries to add this to source control. I have put .licx in the ignored file extensions in the repository, but this does not seem to affect this behavior.

My next step is to add some logic to the build to filter these files out, but I'd like to keep them entirely out of the source control system at the beginning if at all possible. Advice appreciated.

Gregg

lbauer

Re: ignore certain file types by extension

Post by lbauer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:26 am

What version of Vault are you using? What version of Visual Studio? Are you using the Enhanced or Classic Client for integration?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

grs

Post by grs » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Sorry, lack of context there. Vault Pro 5.1.1.19216, Visual Studio Professional 2010, enhanced client.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:55 am

The first thing that comes to mind is the "Exclude from source control" function, but this currently exists in the Classic Client but not Enhanced. We do have plans to add Exclude from Source Control to the Enhanced Client integration in Vault 6.0, due out later this year.

The user can remove the "add" operation from the pending change set in Visual Studio. But are you saying that during the build process, the files are generated and added?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager