Speed SQL IDE Pro support

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jeremymc

Speed SQL IDE Pro support

Post by jeremymc » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 pm

My company is interested in using a product called Speed SQL IDE Pro for database management (the product used to be called sqlXpress). It is supposed to integrate with any SCC compliant source code control system. However, the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" appears when I try to use it with Vault. (see attached screenshot)

Imceda's website (the company that makes the product) has a note from November 21, 2003, which states "Currently we have a problem connecting to SourceGear Source Vault and are awaiting a reply from the vendor." No updates were posted after that.

http://www.xpressapps.com/sqlXpress_IDE ... Notes.shtm

Are you familiar with this product and have you been contacted by Imceda to try and correct this problem? We would really like to get the integration between the two systems working.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Attachments
SpeedSQLProVaultError.jpg
SpeedSQLProVaultError.jpg (53.9 KiB) Viewed 5565 times

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:41 pm

I remember there being a conversation between us and them, but I don't believe it ever came to closure.

Our stated policy is that we only support integration with Visual Studio. For this reason, I can't promise that this will get fixed for you.

However, we generally do like to try and get Vault working with other IDEs. If the folks at Imceda are still interested, we could restart the conversation.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

dan

Post by dan » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:12 am

If I remember right, their app was written in something that couldn't host managed code, which our IDE component is. So, it looks unlikely that this will happen.