Co-existing with Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

JohnStodden

Co-existing with Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere

Post by JohnStodden » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:53 am

I already use Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere for one particular project. It is integrated with VS2008. Because I am part of a programming team, I cannot switch from this system.

If I install Vault (for use on other projects) will it be able to co-exist with Dynamsoft? Can I use Dynamsoft with 1 project, and Vault with others?

TIA!

lbauer

Re: Co-existing with Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 am

We haven't tested Vault on the same machine with the product that you are using, so we are not sure if you can do a side-by-side installation.

Vault is very easy to install, so it's worth a try.

We have Vault users who are also using our SourceOffSite product and SourceSafe on some projects, so it is possible to use different source control providers with different projects. Generally, source control provider information is written in the registry, and there usually is the ability to have multiple providers to integrate with Visual Studio. We would recommend using the Vault Visual Studio Enhanced Client, since those registry settings are less likely to conflict with those of another source control provider.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Allan Robinson

Re: Co-existing with Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere

Post by Allan Robinson » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:20 am

It should be doable although it's not convenient to use two source control systems on one machine.

Usually, you can directly open the project (double click the sln file) which is bound to Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere or Vault. Then the project should be open without problem as long as the project was bound properly (choose current version control provider at Tools -> Options | Source Control, and then bind the project to a source control system).

Or, you can use the following way to open your projects:

1. choose SCC Provider at Visual Studio | Tools -> Options | Source Control.
2. Use menu File ->Source Control -> Open from source control to open a project.

Regards,