Migration error sgvault db in SINGLE USER mode

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
mcoatney

Migration error sgvault db in SINGLE USER mode

Post by mcoatney » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Recently we added a second developer, which as I understand requires a license now. As a result, we decided to move the VAULT to a different machine. I backed up the sgvault, sgmaster and sqdragnet databases and restored them to the new machine. When I run the installation for Vault Pro Server v5.1.2 and tell it to use the existing databases it finds, the setup changes sgvault to SINGLE USER mode then complains that the db is already in use and can only have one user. When I change the mode to MULTI USER, the setup program just changes it back and coughs. There isn't an opportunity in setup to change it to MULTI because exiting performs a rollback.

How do I get this migration up and running without having to start new databases and import the data?

Beth

Re: Migration error sgvault db in SINGLE USER mode

Post by Beth » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:24 pm

It sounds like it's having a problem upgrading the database. There should be a log called vault_install.log in your %temp% folder. Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread and that log file?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

mcoatney

Post by mcoatney » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:33 pm

I do not see that file. A file search doesn't turn it up either...

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? I might need to take a closer look then to see what is going on here.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support