Problem with client installation

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

squesnel

Post by squesnel » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:59 pm

When trying to install the client and admin tools on my build server (not the vault server) I get the following error: "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation." I'm logged in as a member of the administrator group and the server admin staff cannot find any policy that would prevent the installation.

The server is Server 2003 with Framework 1.1. Any help would be apprreciated.

Steve

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:15 pm

Do you have any previous installations of Vault on the machine you are installing on? If so, how were they installed?

This usually happens if you are trying to install a new version of the client or admin tool using either the client or admin tool installer and the original client and admin tool on that machine was installed using the server installer or visa versa.

If that is the case, you would need to uninstall the previous version of the vault before installing the Admin Tool and Client. If you are only installing the client tools, I would recommend installing them via their seperate installers rather than installing them as part of the server install.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

squesnel

Post by squesnel » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:43 am

We finally tracked down the problem. The issue had to do with the use of a roaming profile on the domain account that was being used for the installation. When using this account the installation appeared to believe that a previous installation existed. By using a local account the installation worked properly.
It appears that Vault stores some information in the profile which causes the installation to become confused when using the same domain account to install on multiple machines.
Thanks for the help!

Q