Viewing issue multiple milestones

If you are having a problem using Fortress, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Marcel

Viewing issue multiple milestones

Post by Marcel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 am

Hi,

I want to report a bug in Fortress 2.0.4.

When Fortress shows a list of items with multiple milestones, the items are sorted by milestone. When label "Category" is being clicked on any of the milestone item lists to sort the list, only the most recent milestone list is being displayed. In the header of the list the number after the milestone name matches the number of items previously shown.

Regards.

lbauer

Re: Viewing issue multiple milestones

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:27 am

I'll see if we can reproduce this in Vault Professional 6.0. (Fortress was renamed to Vault Professional and 6.0 is the latest version.)

What query are you running to get these results? Is is one of our built-in queries, like Open or My Open?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 am

Yes, I am running just a standard Open query.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 am

When I click on the "Open" built in query, I get a a list of bugs, organized by Milestone. When I click on Category within one of the Milestones, that section is sorted by Category name. Within each section, the categories all have the same milestone, as expected. So this looks OK.

Maybe you could post a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can be sure this isn't happening in Vault Pro 6.0
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 am

What you describe is not what I see. I sent you an email with some screenshots, so you can have a look at it.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 pm

We're still trying to reproduce this in house, but since the screenshots clearly show the issue, I've logged bug 16560 in our work item tracking database.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Marcel

Post by Marcel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 am

I think I found the reason why you can't reproduce this issue. When I run the Open Query using the built-in query at the top of the page, there is no problem and all works fine. But I have set "Item Tracking Start Page" in Preferences to "Open Items". So when I select a project from the Projects At-A-Glance overview, the built-in Open Query is automatically run. And when I then click on Category to sort the items within that milestone, the problem occurs.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Aha!! That's it. And I found that sorting on any of the columns (not just Category) causes this to happen. I was able to reproduce this in Vault 6.0.

Thanks for the details!

F:16560
Linda Bauer
SourceGear