Upgrade from 1.2.3 to 2.0 - lost IDE integration

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Nathan

Upgrade from 1.2.3 to 2.0 - lost IDE integration

Post by Nathan » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:03 pm

The subject pretty much says it all. I had 1.2.3 installed with a demo license as I was evaluating it with plans to purchase.

Today I installed 2.0 server on top of 1.2.3 expecting it to upgrade. It seems to have upgraded the database just fine, but now I've lost integration with VB6 and with VS.NET 2003.

Both the admin tool and the Client show version 2.0.

Did I miss something obvious? If someone could nudge me in the right direction I would appreciate it :-)

Thanks,
Nathan

dan

Post by dan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:34 am

In losing IDE integration, do you mean it doesn't come up at all, or that it doesn't work right after you login?

If the former, bring up the GUI client, and go to the General options pane, and make sure the "Make Vault your default SCC Provider" checkbox is checked. It may be that the checkbox in the client installer wasn't checked during the install to make Vault the default source control provider.

Nathan

Post by Nathan » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:07 am

Thanks Dan, that did the trick. I don't recall seeing that option in the installer so I must have just clicked past it. I'm still learning what all the options are and where they live in the menus :-)

Thanks for your help!

Nathan