Is this a bug?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

MarcusB

Is this a bug?

Post by MarcusB » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 pm

On of our developers reports this problem, when using Vault within FinalBuilder:

The WorkingFolder for the "Vault Get using wildcard" action must not end with a "\". It always seems to fail if it ends with a slash.

Is this a Vault constraint, or a FinalBuilder problem?

dan

Post by dan » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:58 pm

Can you post the command line client command you are using? I'd probably need to see the usage before knowing whether it is a Vault issue.

MarcusB

Post by MarcusB » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:55 pm

We are using the FinalBuilder 2. We can't see the actual command... It's FinalBuilder that is giving us the message.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:35 am

Well, I manually created some command line commands related to GETWILCARD, and nothing seems amiss. I was able to put an extra '\' at the end of the -destpath option and it still retrieved the file to the right folder. It also worked fine when using the defined working folder (not using -destpath), and putting an extra '/' at the end of the repository path.

Note that putting an extra backslash '\' at the end of the repository path returns an error, because Vault path use forward slashes, not backslashes.

In any case, I'd recommend trying to figure out what exact command FinalBuilder is creating and then trying to invoke that manually to see what it complains about.

MarcusB

Post by MarcusB » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:18 pm

Thanks, we'll look at FB.