VS.NET 2003 integration...

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

aconnell

VS.NET 2003 integration...

Post by aconnell » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:03 am

I've installed all the components of Vault on my server, & the admin & client tools on my desktop & laptop. I've successfully connected and added files via the client on both machines.

Now, I'd like to get the VS.NET 2003 integration working. What I need to do is have the ability to switch between VSS and Vault. I went into the options in VS.NET and set the SCC provider to be independent/custom (tried both). When I try to open a project from source control, I keep getting the VSS login... just doesn't seem like I got the integration working yet. I saw some mention to the Add-in Manager, but I thought that was for older versions of studio (like VB6). At any rate, I don't see anything related to Vault in my Add-In Manager.

Did I miss a step?

dan

Post by dan » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:38 am

The easiest way to switch back and forth is to go to the Vault GUI client Tools->Options and toggle the "Make Vault the default SCC provider".

There is a setting in the installer to set Vault as the default, but it can sometimes fail if the user doing the install doesn't have permission to write to the registry.

JTD

Switching SCC

Post by JTD » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:40 am

VS.NET 2003 (and all previous versions of VS) doesn't support switching the SCC provider from the IDE. Word is that this has been fixed in Whidbey. In the meantime, try Devhawk's utility:

http://devhawk.net/art_sccswitch.aspx

aconnell

Post by aconnell » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:41 am

Classic case of me not reading the documentation... had to tell it to be my default SCC before opening VS.NET. Unchecking it resets it... like you said it doesn't do it when the instance of VS.NET is open. Got it working.