Mac Client?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bmacadam

Mac Client?

Post by bmacadam » Mon May 20, 2013 4:31 pm

I read some postings in this forum that indicate that there is a Vault Client for Macintosh, but I cannot find it on the website. When I click on the link at the bottom of the Vault feature page, I'm redirected to a not found page.

Is the client currently unavailable? If so, will it be available soon?

Thanks,

Bill
Bill MacAdam
GigglePop.com

lbauer

Re: Mac Client?

Post by lbauer » Tue May 21, 2013 5:56 am

The Mac Preview has not been a stable release and we no longer support it.
Much of the problem is in the Mono framework, which has been rather fragile.

The Mono Project is focusing on mobile applications, so we don't expect new versions of the Mono framework for Mac.

We have taken the links to the Mac client off our website. SourceGear does hope to create a Mac Client in the future, based on a different technology.

In the meantime, users can try the Vault Eclipse client or Java Command Line Client, both of which are cross platform.

If you still want to try the unsupported Mac Preview, email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

kadorken

Re: Mac Client?

Post by kadorken » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:31 am

Sorry to hear about the problems with the Mac Preview (I did try it at one point). Interesting to hear about difficulties with Mono since I was considering looking at that to migrate our .NET application to the Mac. Sounds like that would not be a good plan if you have abandoned that approach. Appreciate the information. Keith