Upgrade 6 to 7 - Logging in to client will Lockout AD Acct

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
gos56280`

Upgrade 6 to 7 - Logging in to client will Lockout AD Acct

Post by gos56280` » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:57 am

After Upgrading from 6 to 7, we get an error when opening the vault client. This also throws an error in the event log on the web server. We tried to set the web.config to show detail errors, but this didn't work. However, as I mentioned above the machine event log did.
I compared the old web.config with the new (I could since this is a new web server) and found they were about the same; except for the new reporting stuff. But, on comparing the App pools, I found that the settings for Identity was using our AD username and PW where version 6's app pool used Network. Even when changing 7 to this identity, we still get the error and our AD account gets locked out.
In both versions and both the vault and vault shadow web.config we have the identity impersonate on,

<identity impersonate="true" userName="AdAccount" password="pw"/>

Any Ideas why this may be throwing an error?

-Thank you

gos56280`

Re: Upgrade 6 to 7 - Logging in to client will Lockout AD Ac

Post by gos56280` » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:12 am

This is resolved:

I knew after working on this for awhile that I soon as I posted, I would resolve this.

Short answer:
  • Vault 7 doesn't require a Impersonation in the web.config (s)
    There are more web.config (s) than the 2 I mentioned
    I put the Identity on the WebApp Pools for Vault as the Upgrade to Vault 7 did.
    I remarked all the web.config (s) identities out (there were old passwords to the AD Accounts in the other web.config (s)
Long Answer:
I moved from our test web server to a new Windows 7 box our group had because the test web server didn't meet the minimum system requirements.
Even though this was a new Windows 7 box, the data was copied from our XP version.
This data held an old test version of the web site and database in order for me to upgrade from Vault 4 regular to Vault 6 Professional. And this in turn had all the old web.config (s) impersonate= true and Old AD Account passwords. I just needed to find them all and remark them out now that this will be our Production Web Server.
At least until such time when our IT folks tell me we have a Prod Web Server that meets Vault 7s minimum Sys requirements.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks for the update.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

gos56280`

Post by gos56280` » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:12 am

Alright, We've moved to our Production Web server.
I get Service Unavailable. HTTP 503.
I have not decommissioned our former Vault Service web site on the standard desktop.
Is there a conflict with this?
I didn't want to stop the old vault website until I got this new (permanent one) setup.

Please see attached plugin query for addition info..
Also the app pool for vault show 0 applications....shouldn't this be 2?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Can you reach the page http://GVPPWEB003-NEW.fdnet.com/vaultservice/index.html?

Could you perform an iisreset on the problem server? To do that go to Start - Run and type iisreset. Then try logging into Vault again.

The title says an AD account is getting locked out. Try logging into Vault using the login 'admin' with the password set during install. Does that work? Once we can ensure admin can get in, then we'll look next to the AD account.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support