Check-In failed

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
tschneider

Check-In failed

Post by tschneider » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:08 am

Hello,

i get an error while check-in:
"[15.12.2015 14:59:54] Item $/DataScan.newsWEB.eXpaper/DataScan.newsWEB.eXpaper.Shared/PDFParsing/PDFPage.cs caused the transaction to fail: The object path could not be found. It may have been deleted, moved or renamed."
and i dont know how to solve this issue.
i have accidentely deleted the file and the VisualStudio Client won't let me check-in.

best
Thomas

Beth

Re: Check-In failed

Post by Beth » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:31 am

Just to make sure I understand, you deleted the file using the Windows File Explorer, or you deleted in Visual Studio, or deleted in Vault?

Was the file edited?

Do you need the file back?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

tschneider

Post by tschneider » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:40 am

Hello,

i have moved and renamed it from within VisualStudio.
I dont need the file anymore but i cannot check-in all other files.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:55 am

When you performed the move and rename, did you have Vault integration in Visual Studio set up?

For checking in other items, you can use the Pending Change Set window at the bottom of Vault. Select all the items you want to check in, and right-click to select Commit Selected Operations. Another option is to check in as you normally would, but when the check in window comes up to verify what you want to check in, uncheck the problem item. If you aren't receiving that window, then hold down your Shift key while clicking check in.

Another option you have is you could perform a Get on the missing file and then check in.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support