Elevator Pitch

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Michael_Dorfman

Elevator Pitch

Post by Michael_Dorfman » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:40 am

I'm a satisifed Vault customer, and I'm also a satisfied FogBugz customer.

What advantages would Dragnet offer me over FogBugz? Why should I think about switching?

What's the Elevator Pitch?

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:29 am

I suppose a good Sales Guy would jump at the opportunity to "create dissatisfaction with the status quo". It's much easier to sell things to unhappy people, so the first step in the sales process is to try and get the prospect into that state. :-)

But I am not a Sales Guy, and we prefer not to employ any of their ilk here at SourceGear. You said you are satisfied with FogBugz. Why change?

Just for the sake of answering your question:

The emphasis of Dragnet is on providing excellent integration with SourceGear's other products. For Dragnet 1.0, the Vault integration is already a bit better than what is offered by FogBugz. Over time, this will become even more true, although we do plan to continue supporting integration with FogBugz.

We admit that FogBugz is obviously a more mature product. It generally has more features than our product. This will be especially true with Joel's upcoming 4.0 release.

It is worth nothing that Dragnet has customizable fields, whereas FogBugz does not.

The bug-tracking market is highly fragmented and it will stay that way. We are not making any particular effort to convince people to switch to Dragnet from FogBugz or any other bug-tracking tool. Our goal with Dragnet is simply to provide an excellent bug-tracking product which supports excellent integration with Vault (and SourceOffSite).
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

nalenb

Post by nalenb » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:00 pm

I think FogBugz's trial is pretty slick. There's no install at all for the trial, so you are worry free about some system screwing up your own server. I think the same sort of trial system for Dragnet would be beneficial. Just my opinion.