Right-click Replace with This is same thing as Replace Left

Support for our DiffMerge utility.

Moderator: SourceGear

sogedas

Right-click Replace with This is same thing as Replace Left

Post by sogedas » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 pm

I have two files open and right-clicking a changed line on one side (that has red highlighting) shows option "Replace with This" but right-clicking on the right-side version (with its own red highlighting) shows "Replace with Left"... and they both do the same thing: they replace the right-side line with the left-side line.

The only way I'm seeing how to change the left-side line is to open the right-side file first...

What's the deal here? I'm used to WinMerge where I just right-click and choose copy to left or right. It doesn't make sense that I can only copy from left to right.

Tonya

Re: Right-click Replace with This is same thing as Replace L

Post by Tonya » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21 am

File Diff only allows 1 of the files in the set to be edited. This is called the Editable Panel. This is the file in the right panel in a File Diff Window.

We've had prior requests for the ability to modify both windows. I've added your vote. Thank you for your feedback.

F: 13510

Tonya

sogedas

Post by sogedas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:39 am

This makes DiffMerge almost unusable... if I have to make changes on both sides it's impossible, and having to select the "change-only" file 2nd is nonsense.

I'll be looking into other apps.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:59 am

Sorry to hear that DiffMerge did not work out for your environment.

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear