SOME users no longer receiving Work Item notifications

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
tficken2

SOME users no longer receiving Work Item notifications

Post by tficken2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:50 am

Hello folks,

Suddenly, we have some users who are not receiving Work Item notification emails. These users are set up to receive notifications, and have received them in the past.

But some users ARE receiving Work Item notification emails. Are there any known issues around this? Could something be corrupt? Thank you!

Tara

Tonya

Re: SOME users no longer receiving Work Item notifications

Post by Tonya » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:39 am

Hi Tara,

Has anything changed recently for the user's who are no longer receiving emails? Any new type of anti-virus software installed?

Could you send us a copy of the following logs? Pleas email them to support@sourcegear.com.

The Vault Server log is in %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log on the server machine.

The Vault Pro log is in %windir%\temp\sgvaultpro\vaultpro.txt

And the Vault Notification log is in %windir%\temp\sgvaultnotify\vaultnotifyservice.txt.

Thanks,

Tonya

tficken2

Re: SOME users no longer receiving Work Item notifications

Post by tficken2 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:52 am

Hi Tonya,

This is a non-issue. I think the users not receiving issues checked the "Receive email notifications as daily digest" checkbox without realizing that it would affect the work item notifications too. No one seemed to remember doing that, but when two people mentioned that they were getting a big email at the end of the day, I figured it out and did some testing.

We use the Vault client for source control, and the web interface for item tracking. The "Receive HTML email notifications" checkbox appears in both places, and when you check or uncheck it, you see that effect in both places (so you know it's a common setting). The "Receive email notifications as daily digest" checkbox only appears in the Vault client, so I can see how they would be confused.

Thanks!

Tara