FailDBConn after installation

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
jim.bronson

FailDBConn after installation

Post by jim.bronson » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 am

I installed the latest 10.x on a new server, and also copied my databases to a new database server. I told it to use Windows Authentication during install to connect to SQL, assuming it would use the logged in Windows account. But after installation completed I cannot connect to any of the databases, getting FailDbConn at the login page. I checked the connection strings in the Web.config and they are clearly encrypted and live somewhere else. I suppose I could just put them in plain text in web.config but that seems like a bad idea. Where do I go to change these SQL login credentials?

Tonya

Re: FailDBConn after installation

Post by Tonya » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi Jim,

This sounds like a possible configuration problem with the install. When moving Vault to a new server, you need to restore your Vault databases before you install the Vault Server. Can you please confirm you performed the following:

viewtopic.php?t=228

You may simply need to uninstall your Vault Server (specifying to keep the database when prompted) and reinstall the server.

Thanks,

Tonya

jim.bronson

Post by jim.bronson » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:53 pm

I did move (copy) the databases first. I think maybe what happened is I chose the wrong IIS process model. I saw that in another thread you needed to use a domain account. I looked at the app pools and saw I could change them to a domain account, but I think you're right a reinstall would be best.

jim.bronson

Post by jim.bronson » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:46 pm

It's working! But now I have another problem. Says I need a license upgrade, "Error Upgrade Required". The old server was running 9.x.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:08 am

Glad to hear you have been able to move forward. I noticed that you emailed SourceGear in regards to your license key issue, so I will reply via email.

Thanks,

Tonya