Update Bug On Checkin Dialog

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Update Bug On Checkin Dialog

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:27 am

Why would the Update Bug option on the Checkin Dialog be disabled? I can go to View from the Vault client, My Open Bugs and get the list from Dragnet, so I assume I setup Dragnet correctly using the Vault Admin tool.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:57 am

The update bug section is only enbabled when items in the checkin list have a status of modified/edited or added.

If you don't have any files that have been modified or added, the update bug section will be disabled.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:13 am

mskrobul wrote:The update bug section is only enbabled when items in the checkin list have a status of modified/edited or added.

If you don't have any files that have been modified or added, the update bug section will be disabled.
Yep, that was it. Thanks.

BrianGorbett

Integration?

Post by BrianGorbett » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:27 pm

I am not sure if I am missing something here, but I can't find the integration between Vault and Dragnet and the documentation does not include any example of using the integration.

I see the "Show My Open Bugs..." in the Vault client, but it is greyed out. How do you link the Vault projects with the Dragnet projects.

Better documentation on the integration would be better.

Thanks,

bg

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:25 pm

The menu item is only enabled when the Vault admin user has used the admin tool to specify where the Dragnet server is. Once your admin gets that set up, you should be fine.

BrianGorbett

Vault Configured

Post by BrianGorbett » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:26 pm

I have pointed Dragnet to the Vault Service and the option is not enabled. In Dragnet, the Server Provider and URL are set to the installed Vault directory (I am using the IP if that matters. i.e. http://1.1.1.1/VaultService).

Any help?

bg

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:36 pm

You also need to configure Vault for Dragnet integration.

Logon to the Vault Admin Tool and go to the Repository Options tab. In the Bug Tracking Integration, select Dragnet as your bug tracking tool. Then for the Bug Tracking URL, type the location of the Dragnet server:

http://<dragnetserver>/dragnet

Hope that helps.