Database Timing Issue

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
kmxsoft

Database Timing Issue

Post by kmxsoft » Sat May 22, 2021 3:04 am

Please note that I'm not expecting this to be fixed - I'm just interested in why it is happening (which might actually provide the fix!).

My Windows database server runs 24x7. Mostly it does what it does without needing me to do anything special.

However my SourceGear database develops an issue after several days uptime - where checking files in or out gets frustrating due to the connection freezing (I start the check in/out which normally completes in a couple of seconds), and am left waiting for a couple of minutes for the check in/out to complete. I think is due to the connection timing out. Once it gets to this point I have to restart the server. During this freeze the client is unresponsive. When the freeze eventually completes it's back to normal for other server operations, but any check in/out is hampered by this freezing.

Bouncing the server with a full reboot solves the problem, and I'll get another few days of unhindered check in/out.

I'm interested in knowing why this is happening, which might just possibly offer a fix why doesn't involve rebooting the server. It seems odd that the database connection develops this freeze behaviour after several days.

BigBrett

Re: Database Timing Issue

Post by BigBrett » Mon May 24, 2021 12:17 am

We get this state occasionally, and use IISRESET rather than rebooting which seems to fix the problem.

Tonya

Re: Database Timing Issue

Post by Tonya » Mon May 24, 2021 7:40 am

Hello,

I would need additional information in regards to the issue to help you resolve it. Your Vault Server log would likely be the most helpful. If you'd like for us to investigate this further, please email your Vault server log to support@sourcegear.com and reference this forum post.

Thanks,

Tonya