Error Using the Export Import tool

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

kydaro

Error Using the Export Import tool

Post by kydaro » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello,

I'm attempting to import a .vfe from Vault Standard (Version 10.0) to a new server with fresh install of Vault standard (Version 10.1) and during the import I get the following error:
TxID: 507. The import cannot continue (attachment: SGV_Import_Error). Looking at the log I run into the following error the object version is invalid (attachment SGV_Object_Invalid). What is the reasoning behind this error? I've tried restarting and clearing the database and trying again with no luck.
Attachments
SGV_Object_Invalid.PNG
SGV_Object_Invalid.PNG (56.01 KiB) Viewed 4852 times
SGV_Import_Error.PNG
SGV_Import_Error.PNG (24.24 KiB) Viewed 4852 times

Tonya

Re: Error Using the Export Import tool

Post by Tonya » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:51 pm

Hello,

When moving your Vault Server, you will need to use the SQL Server restore feature. And it appears that you are upgrading as well. Here is a KB article we have in regards to moving your Vault server during an upgrade:

https://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopi ... 13&t=22663

Thanks,

Tonya

kydaro

Post by kydaro » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:11 am

Thanks Tonya, I am only interested in moving specific repositories can I import the veg files this way?

When reading the documentation it looks like this situation is the exact use case the import export tool is intended for. Is there a reason I shouldn’t use it?

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:23 am

Hello again,

Apologies, I misunderstood your initial post and I thought you were moving your Vault Server.

My first suggestion is to run a history query on $ (or the folder in which you initialed the export from), and in the Actions tab uncheck all actions except for obliterate. Are there any obliterates listed? If so, this could be the cause of the problem.

When exporting did you include deleted items? If so, you may want to try the export again and unselect this option.

To thoroughly troubleshoot your issue, it would be best if we had your export/import log file which is typically found at C:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client\VaultExportImport.txt, and in your Vault server log at %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log. Can you please send the logs to "support at sourcegear.com" with a link to this forum thread?

Thanks,

Tonya