Export with Obliterate Options

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dagmarsawayn

Export with Obliterate Options

Post by dagmarsawayn » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:00 am

Hello,

I am trying to export a folder from an existing repository in Vault to a new repository. The existing repository has been in use for about 9 years so it is time to restructure our repositories. However, around 7 years ago someone used the Obliterate function on the folder (naively assuming they'd never have to export), and as a result we can't export the folder. However, we really need to keep the history from the old repository in the new repository.

Is there any way to export only a portion of the history, even if it's only the part after the Obliterate was performed? If I can keep the last 7 years of history and only lose the 2 years prior to when the Obliterate happened I will be happy.

What options do I have here?

Thanks,

Tonya

Re: Export with Obliterate Options

Post by Tonya » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:09 am

I have a couple of suggestions you could try. When exporting did you include deleted items? If so, you may want to try the export again and unselect this option. Another suggestion would be to make sure you have the latest version of Vault installed. Obliterate is known to cause issues with the Folder Export/Import feature and there's really no good resolution at this time.

Tonya