Upgrade to Version 10.2 loses ALL Configuration

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
tschneider

Upgrade to Version 10.2 loses ALL Configuration

Post by tschneider » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:55 am

Hello,

i have upgraded to Server Version 10.2 and now all my licenses lost and none of my repositories are shown in Admin panel and i cannot login from within VS.
What's going on here!
Can you fix this ASAP!!!! :cry:

-Thomas

Tonya

Re: Upgrade to Version 10.2 loses ALL Configuration

Post by Tonya » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:24 am

Hello,

We've not had any other reports like this so I will need to get more information from you. When upgrading, did you follow the upgrade guide:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11648&

Was the upgrade successful or did you receive any errors? What version are you upgrading from?

It sounds like something didn't go accordingly during the upgrade. My suggestion would be to restore your Vault databases (pre 10.2) and perform the Vault 10.2 server upgrade again.

Thanks,

Tonya

mbainbridge

Post by mbainbridge » Mon May 16, 2022 5:16 am

We didn't lose our databases, but we did lose the Shadow Folder config after the 10.2 upgrade. All of the repositories we are shadowing were removed...

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon May 16, 2022 6:17 am

Sorry to hear about your shadow folder issue. We recommend during an upgrade with Shadow Folders configured:

1) The .NET permissions change in some versions. In some cases, you may need to set permissions on your Shadow Folders to allow the VaultShadowFolderAppPool to have read/write access.

2) If you would like to backup the entries you have for your shadow folders, you can backup the Vault Shadow Folder web.config found in vaultservice/vaultshadowfolder/web.config.

Do you have a backup? Have you reconfigured them yet? If you still need some help, please email support@sourcegear.com and we can assist you.

Thanks,

Tonya

mbainbridge

Post by mbainbridge » Tue May 17, 2022 10:29 am

Hi Tonya,

I think I've realised what happened. The upgrade failed just as it went to upgrade the database, leaving the Vault server dead. While trying to get it back, I uninstalled 10.0.2, and this is probably when the web.config would have been deleted. Once I realised that SQL needs to be run in Mixed Mode, it was too late. (How it got into Windows Authentication mode, and why it worked quite happily for the last few years is anyone's guess. SQL is witchcraft to me... :? )

I have backups, but I'd rather not have a FrankenInstall and it's not much effort to re-create them from scratch.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Tue May 17, 2022 12:54 pm

Hello again,

Thank you for the update and I'm glad to hear that you were able to figure out where the problem occurred.

Tonya