external client cannot connect to VaultService

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Everett

external client cannot connect to VaultService

Post by Everett » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:25 am

Vault clients cannot connect to the vault service (Using MyDomain.COM in the client connect window) from an external domain. This is true either with port 80 or 443

I can connect fine on the LAN using the server machine name, but not with the domain name.

Router portforwards to the server, which does have a static IP address assigned.

This worked fine until sometime after august (when an external developer checked out code, and it is still checked out) but has gone off the rails somehow since then, and I am out of ideas on what to check next. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Tonya

Re: external client cannot connect to VaultService

Post by Tonya » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:56 am

Hello,

Can you please provide us with the error or outcome when an external user tries to connect to Vault? Perhaps a screenshot? If you can connect to the Vault Server within the LAN, it's likely internal to your network (such as a firewall set up). Not sure if a Vault Server log would help but I would suggest sending it our way to take a look (please send it to support@sourcegear.com) and refer to this thread.

Thanks,

Tonya

Everett

Post by Everett » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:53 am

I had not heard anything else from SG on this, but the issue is resolved. As it turns out, XFinity decided to block incoming requests on port 80 and 443 and never deliver them to the router for port forwarding. Nice.

I set up a new port forwarding record, choosing a port in 2xxxx range for the incoming request, and had my router route the request from that port to port 80 on the vault server running IIS.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:02 pm

Hi Everett,

It sounds like you did not receive my response from yesterday. If this is the case, I apologize. You seemed to receive my initial response so when I didn't hear back, I figured you were out due to the holidays.

Glad the problem is resolved. Thank you for updating the forum thread.

Tonya