Cannot Check-in One Specific File

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

CaryFCST

Cannot Check-in One Specific File

Post by CaryFCST » Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:49 pm

We have one large file that will not check in to our Vault Standard Server. The server and client is version 10.2.0.1222. The message on the client is:

Upload for item filename failed too many times, aborting transaction.
Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.
The specific error was "The server had an error processing the file upload but did not return an error header. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
An exception was encountered during the transaction. Exception: The server had an error processing the file upload but did not return an error header. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.processUploadRequest(HttpWebRequest request, Int64 bytesWrittenThisFile, Int64 uncompressed_length, String itemPath, Boolean updateProgress)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UploadItemCommon(Object t_item, String txID, String fileToken, String diskfile, Boolean bIsImport, Byte[]& streamBuffer, Int64& bytesWrittenThisFile)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UploadItem(ChangeSetItem item, String txID, Byte[]& streamBuffer, Int64& bytesWrittenThisFile, Boolean bIsImport)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UploadThread.ProcessCommand(UploadThreadCommand command, UploadThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

I have tried with chunked encoding turned on AND turned off. We have tried disabling our AV software. Other files upload just fine, so we know IIS is set up correctly. IIS maxRequestLength is set to 1,024,000,000 and executionTimeout is set to 1.00:00:00.

Are there any other suggestions?
Have a great day,
Cary Fleming
CentralSquare Technologies

Tonya

Re: Cannot Check-in One Specific File

Post by Tonya » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:12 am

Hello,

Thank you for all the details! It looks like you've already done quite a bit of troubleshooting.

This problem is likely due to the file size (since this is a large file and other files upload correctly). We have a KB article available describing many suggestions:

viewtopic.php?p=73906&hilit=uploading+large+file#p73906

I would recommend reviewing it to make sure you have everything set accordingly and give the remaining suggestions a try.

Please let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Tonya

CaryFCST

Post by CaryFCST » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:05 pm

Hi Tonya,

I've gone through all of the suggestions in the referenced topic. All of this looks good.

I did just find something interesting. I can upload the file into a new folder in the same repository without any problem. Does that give us anything new to try?
Have a great day,
Cary Fleming
CentralSquare Technologies

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:10 pm

Hi Cary,

Can you please send over your Vault Server log to support@sourcegear.com? The Vault Server log is in %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log on the server machine.

Thanks,

Tonya