Error New Install Repositories.aspx

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
jonathanwillcock

Error New Install Repositories.aspx

Post by jonathanwillcock » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:04 am

I have installed an older Version (8) on a new server (Windows Server 2022) and everything went smoothly with the install. However, at the end of the install it did not launch a browser to enter licenses etc.

Instead I opened Admin Web Client from the Start Menu. I entered the Admin user and password and it went to Repositories, and it shows the initial repository. However the logo keeps turning and if I instead click on Add I get immediately: Error on request Repositories.aspx/GetRepositoryInfo. I have tried running spgetrepositories directly in the database and that works fine.

I have also entered my license bz calling Licences.aspx direct.

I have tried with Edge and Chrome. Same result.

I have uninstalled and reßinstalled twice to no avail. Can anyone advise me what to do?

Tonya

Re: Error New Install Repositories.aspx

Post by Tonya » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:39 pm

Hello,

Vault 8.x is not compatible with Windows 2022 so that could possibly be the issue. My suggestion is to view the Vault Server log file to see if you notice any errors. The Vault Server log is in %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log on the server machine.

I highly recommend installing Vault 10.x with Windows 2022.

Thanks,

Tonya

jonathanwillcock

Post by jonathanwillcock » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:52 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I installed Version 10.0. Unfortunately that hasn't helped. I still get the same problem. Indeed it is slightly worse because the spinning symbol now also occurs on the login page.

The log contains the following:

The Plugin at http://127.0.0.1:443/VaultNotifyService ... rvice.asmx was not called with Event Login. Exception: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

Maybe this can help you to identify my problem? I do not know if this is relevant, but I am using SQLEXPRESS.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:24 am

Hello again,

Please send your Vault Server log to support@sourcegear.com for us to review.

Thanks,

Tonya