Feature Request: Assignee Name

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rbair

Feature Request: Assignee Name

Post by rbair » Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:30 pm

I would like to request that the "Assignee" drop down when adding/editing an item contained the Full Name of the user rather than his or her UserId. Small one, but I think it would help our team.

Thanks,
russ

rbair

Filter Assignee List?

Post by rbair » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:51 pm

Sad that I haven't even gotten the obligatory "we'll add your request to the heap of customer ideas" reply, but I also found another issue that I would like to raise...

It seems that the list of possible Assignees is driven by the total list of users in the system. It would be much more preferable if that list was merely a list of the users that had access to the project.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:37 am

Sorry for the delay in answering your request.

We have had the request for showing the user's full name instead of the login before. I have added your "vote".
It seems that the list of possible Assignees is driven by the total list of users in the system. It would be much more preferable if that list was merely a list of the users that had access to the project.
You are correct, the list of assignees should only include users who have access to the project. The assignee list lists users who have at least read access to the project. Are users without read access still showing up in the assignee list?

Thanks for your input.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

rbair

Post by rbair » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:25 pm

Yes, there are users not associated to the project in any way that are in the list of potential assignees. Shoot me an email if you would like to see it in action in our system.

Thanks,
russ

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:18 pm

I tried to email you directly but the forum said you weren't set up to receive email. Please email me directly using the email button at the bottom of the page if you would like to try to trouble shoot this off line.

Were the users that are showing up at any time part of the project? If so, try resetting IIS (they may be cached somewhere).

Did you import your user's via the Collab import tool or did you add them using Dragnet?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear