Busted buttons?

If you are having a problem using Dragnet, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jmcclellan

Busted buttons?

Post by jmcclellan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:21 am

Hello

Just installed Dragnet eval, and I have a (big?) problem with it..

logged into the dragnet website as admin. in the 'setup' page, both the 'change password' and 'submit' buttons don't work. Clicking them does nothing - no 'click', no activity at all. And of course any changes are not saved. Using IE, have tried on both my workstation and the dragnet server. WS is on W2K pro SP4, server is 2003 Server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:29 am

Do you have javascript enabled on your browser?

If you have javascript enabled, you may try re-installing the .net framework on the server machine. Usually when buttons do not work there is something wrong with ASPNET on the server machine.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:32 am

Yes, it is enabled, and all the other buttons elsewhere I have tried seem to work fine. It is only on this one page.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:43 am

That is very strange. The buttons should work if all your other buttons work. Usually when buttons do not work there is a problem with the ASPNET (.net framework) installation, but none of the buttons would be working either.

Can you send me a screen shot of your setup page? If you do not want to post it, you can email it to me using the email link at the bottom of the page.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

jmcclellan

Post by jmcclellan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:10 am

Sure.. everything in it is default since I can't save any changes, there's nothing useful there to see..
Attachments
dragnetsetup.gif
dragnetsetup.gif (29.97 KiB) Viewed 15976 times

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:20 am

Are you using version 1.0.1 of Dragnet? What version of ASPNET do you have installed?

We haven't had any reports of this page not working and the page works fine in house.

Can you send me the page source to your setup page? I just wan't to compare it to the page source of working versions. You can email it to me directly using the email link at the bottom of the page.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

jmcclellan

Post by jmcclellan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:28 am

yes, 1.0.1 downloaded just today. ASPNET would be 1.1 I guess, part of Windows 2003 server dragnet is running on.

source emailed.

jmcclellan

Post by jmcclellan » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:11 pm

Well, after going through

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830646

it turns out that doing a 'repair' of windows server 2003 did the trick.

RohitMR

Buttons still busted

Post by RohitMR » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:24 am

I have not been able to set this up. Don't have the option to repair server as its my domain server.

Any ideas on how I can get this installation thing sorted out. No use if it doesn't work is it ????

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:39 am

What set-up problem are you having?

Are you trying to install on Windows 2003?

If so, is ASPNET enabled on the server machine? The following is a Vault KB article but the same applies enabling ASPNET for Windows 2003 for Dragnet.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=185

Are you having a problem with the buttons not working?

If so, go to your .NET framework directory and try running aspnet_regiis -i and also aspnet_regiis -c

see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... iisexe.asp

If you are having the button problem and the above that doesn't fix it, if you are using Windows 2003 then there probably isn't much you can do other than what is suggested in the following article (unless you install on a different machine).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830646

If you are using Windows 2000, you can just try re-installing the .NET 1.1 framework.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear